Easy way to crack TCS
TCS Off campus Recruitment Drive at Ghaziabad (Noida).TCS Placement Paper consists 35 Questions in 80 Minutes…….0.33 negative marks
I am Kapil Anand, I was a ECE student from Ajay Kuamr Garg Engineering College, Ghaziabad, 2011 Batch.
I was selected in the off-campus drive of TCS on 21-22 August (G.L.Bajaj, Great Noida) my interview was on 22th August at TCS office Noida.
Please if you really wants to crack TCS, Please go through it.
TCS Latest Written Test Pattern and Number of Questions
TCS written test consists of 35 questions.
Calculators are allowed. Do not think you have to attempt 35 questions in 60 min, please make sure that you have do 20 questions in 60 min (all are correct).
All questions are Aptitude questions. No Verbal, no passages, no antonym, no synonyms etc. No need to go through GRE barron.
There is Negative marking: -0.33 for each wrong answer.
Timer will be displayed on the top right corner of the screen. Most of the questions are lengthy. They are about 4 to 5 lines. But they are easy. Only requirement is to be fast.
Syllabus: The computer based test
Questions -Area and Perimeter, Probability, Problems on Ages, Pipes and Cisterns, Ratio and Proportion some logical questions, blood relations, percentages, profit-loss, area, direction sense etc.
4) Managerial round
* This round is basically depends upon interviewer because he has rights to ask any thing again Technical, HR, any puzzle.
* Mostly they ask you some question and judge whether you are consistent or not to your answer.
First they ask whether you are team player or not. If you said yes Iam team player after that they move from track after some time they again ask if company assign you a work and said if you complete this efficiently then you will get promotion and said whether you want 2 do this work with your friends or alone, if you said alone, then you are gone because you said before that you are team player. etc
How to crack TCS written test:
1) Many of your friend says that if you want to clear the Aptitude Round, then you must attempt somewhere around 25 -28 questions to make it through. But this is not the case. What I figured out was that TCS is selecting candidates based on their accuracy. I attempted just 21 questions and still made it through, because around 18 questions Ianswered were correct. I made less guess. I think is based on accuracy & atleast you have to do 17 questions in 60 mins.
2) Please do not guess or do not attempt if you are not sure about your answer.
3) Please do not try to cheat because question seem to be same in your neighbour computer but value in questions are change so option gets change.
Memory based paper:
I can memorize some of the questions of aptitude test, I am writing some of them questions
TCS Aptitude test
1. A man whose age is 45 years has 3 sons named John,jill,jack. He went to a park weekly twice.he loves his sons very much. On a certain day he find # shopkippers sailing different things. An apple cost 1penny, 2chocalate costs 1penny.& 3 bananas cost 1 penny. He has bought equal no. of apple, chocolate & banana for each son. If the total amount he invest is 7 penny then how many he has bought from each piece for his son?
b)1 app,2cho,3 banana
d)2 app,2cho,2 banana
2. A scientist was researching on animal behavior in his lab. He was very interested in analyzing the behavior of bear. For some reason he travelled 1mile in north direction & reached at north pole. There he saw a bear .he then followed the bear around 1 hr with a speed of 2km/hr in east direction. After that he travelled in south direction & reached at his lab in2 hrs. Then what is the color of the bear? I think ans is white
3. How many 9 digit numbers are possible by using the digits 1,2,3,4,5 which are divisible by 4 if repetition of digits is allowed?
4. Calculation based on A^3-B^3 formula
5. A long story based Alice and wonder land after that simple age question.
6. Question based on V=I*R but in dis question most of data given are ridiculas like volume ,density, length, height similar long story are given
7. A direct question on blood relation.
8. A big Question describing a story Aryabhatt and his daughter Lilavati. After that a number is given eg 2088 by what if we divide the number it ll become a perfect square?
9. 1st a story. Then a simple ratio problem. The question was if the ratio of age of two persons is 5:6,sum of present age is 33,then in how many years the ratio of their age becomes 7:8?
10. A very big story.on Tuesday college parking place have only 4wheelers & bicycles,total no of wheels was 182,yhen what is the possible no of bicycles?
11. Simple question but big one on average age.sth like a,b,c weigheted separately 1st a,b,c ,then a& b,then b&c ,then c&a at last abc,the last weight was 167,then what will be the avg weight of the 7 weight?
12. Arrange the jumbled letters to make a perfect word RGTEI(sth like this). Find to which category it belong? (plz do not these type q becoz its time consuming)
13) Simple puzzle based on IQ
3 persons a,b,c were there A always says truth,B lies on Monday,tuesday,& Wednesday.but C lies on thrusday,Friday & saturday .One day A said”that B & C said to A that” B said “yesterday was one of the days when I lies”,C said that”yesterday was one of the days when I lies too”.then which day was that?
14) A girl has to make pizza with different toppings. There are 8 different toppings. In how many ways can she make pizzas with 2 different toppings.
Answer: 8 * 7 = 56
15) Peter and Paul are two friends. The sum of their ages is 35 years. Peter is twice as old as Paul was when Peter was as old as Paul is now. What is the present age of Peter?
16) Question based on pipe & ciston (geometrical series)
A and B tanks are there. 1/8th of the tank B is filled in 22Hrs. What is time to fill the tank full?
17) 5 friends went for week end party to Mc donalds restrurent and there they measure there weights. Some irrilevent data. Final measure is 155 kg then find the average weight of 5 people?
18) 2 pots are there.1st pot is filled with ink and 2nd pot is filled with water. take 1 spoon of ink from 1st pot and pore it in 2nd pot. and take 1 spoon of mixture from 2nd pot and pore it in 2nd pot then which one of following is true?
ans: Water in 1st pot is less than the ink in 2nd pot.
19) There are ten spots in library and each spot has 4 tables and ten readers are there . 10 student come into library and want 2 study in how many ways that they sit in the library so that no chair would be blank?
TCS Technical Interview Questions
My technical interview is not gone good but I was send to the next round.
1) Basic C
2) Program of palindrome
3) Same prom via pointer
4) Difference b/w structure & union
5) Question based on networking
6) Question based on tcp/ip & osi layer and their function
7) My final year project
8) Industrial training
9) Some question based on switching theory
10) Kirchaff voltage law
11) Purpose of k-map
12) Addition of a+b in microprocessor
TCS HR & Managerial round:
After completing my technical I was sitting outside the interview room in HR call me for HR & MR.
There are 1 beautiful lady (may be MR) & 1 man(HR).
They are in mood of fun,
2) Question based on weakness.
3) Microprocessor question.
4) Difference between P4 & Core 2 due Microprocessor.
I was never expected even in my dream that I am selected in TCS but day was mine after completing interview, HR outside the room called me & says congrats you are selected. I was on the seven heaven. I receive an email after a week for confirmation, after a long & hectic journey I became TCSIAN…….. now Iam working wid TCS from last 1.5 year 🙂